UPWARD BOUND - UPPER LAKE HIGH SCHOOL
Upward Bound at Upper Lake High School is a federally funded TRIO program, administered through Sonoma State University, and designed to serve the students of ULHS at ULHS. The goal of the program is to prepare those students who are low-income and first-generation potential college students to enroll in and graduate from a four-year college/university of their choice. This is accomplished by providing students with daily support, including academic support, college and career investigation, test preparation, academic and college counseling, like skills development, critical thinking projects and much more.
Students selected for the program will:
- Participate in the program, including a daily elective class period, throughout four years of high school
- Attend a six-week summer component, which focuses on academic advancement
- Enroll in the following A-G college preparatory high school classes: English, 4 years; Mathematics, 3+ years; Science with Lab, 2+ years; Foreign Language, 2+ years; Social Science, 2 years; Visual and Performing Arts, 1 year; College Prep elective, 1 year
- Maintain a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average
Parents of students selected for the program will be invited to:
- Attend parent workshops designed to provide support and understanding of the educational process and financial aid programs
- Attend program orientations and awards ceremonies
The services provided include:
- Academic advising and guidance, support for core classes, and much, much more - through an Upward Bound elective class
- Assistance for juniors and seniors regarding college application, financial aid, and preparation for the EPT/ELM and SAT/ACT college entrance examinations
- Social, cultural, and educational field trips to northern/southern California and other exciting places.
- Awards Ceremony where students' achievements are recognized
- College tours to four-year colleges and universities in California including CSUs, UCs, and other as requested by students and parents.
For more information, please call Jose Arroyo at (707) 275-2338 x3155 or email Shannon.email@example.com.